Monday, March 14, 2011

GOing for a quick gift......


I spent the early part of the weekend making a candle mat in red/white/blue fabrics. I cut the pieces with my GO! and then decided to hand-quilt it. I cut my binding on the bias using a tutorial Gene Black did on his blog (showing what we had been taught by our very knowledgable blogging and quilting friend, Pat Wys, when we spent a fun day with her in Georgia last month. This is a picture of the candle mat.

20 comments:

Unknown said...

very pretty, she'll love it...

Gene Black said...

It looks great. I love the binding and the border fabrics.

Jackie's Stitches said...

Cute! I'm sure your daughters friend will love it!

Barb said...

Her friend will just love it!! By the way, great profile picture!

Kaye said...

What a good Mama you are!! I like the layout of the candle mat.

Crispy said...

Cute candle mat!! Moms....they are so good to their kids LOL.

Crispy

Barb said...

She will love it, Pat! I especially like the way red pops out against the blues and white. Perfect for a quick gift that looks like it took more time.

Beth said...

Yes, what Barbara said. Like it lots!

The Other Barb said...

cute candle mat. I need to think "small projects". I'm bogged down( but enjoying) making my mystery quilt.

Rhonda said...

What a great quick gift!

andsewon said...

A lovely and quick patriotic candle mat!
Good job!

Sandi Linn Andersen said...

That's a very nice candlemat and I know Tara's friend will love it. Even better.......very nice momma you are to make the gift for her friend!

hetty said...

Cute candle mat. Your daughter's friend will love it!

Needled Mom said...

What a wonderful gift!!!

Rachel said...

Pretty! What a nice mama you are to do that for your daughter!

I'll have to look up that binding tutorial. It's always good to learn something new.

Myra said...

Looking great Pat! Good job under pressure!!! 8-)

Thanks for the link to Gene's blog for me to watch his bias binding tute video!!! A method I haven't seen before... 8-)

sewfunquilts said...

Wonderful...love it. Great Mom you are to do this for your daughter.

Val said...

Oh I love that. Is that made kind of like a mug rug? I am just learning to do that. It is so cute. I will be sure to check out your links too. I love learning.

Unknown said...

This is absolutely gorgeous!
Happy St. Paddy's Day ~
Hugs,
Marydon

Micki said...

That's a great mat Pat!
Micki