Wednesday, March 2, 2011

A warning message from a blogging friend...

I've been asked to post the following by my friend, Barbara, who is a blogger from NJ. Some of you might know her. After you read this, you will see that her old blog is GONE and you will find out why....and it might be information that will help some of you, so.....read on to see what she has asked her blogging friends to post....

Wait until you hear this!

Because of a new droid cell phone that requires a gmail account, one was set up for me at Verizon when I got my phone. So, silly me, thinking I didn't need the old gmail account anymore, I deleted it. What a shock to find that account was linked to my blog, so of course now my blog is totally gone.

I've dug on the web a little bit, and this is a common occurence, but there's not an easy answer. Even if I was successful in reactivating my old google account and getting my blog back, the photos seem to be gone forever. So I googled my blog name and found some cached pages which may help remind me of what's important to re-post and a list of the blogs I follow. But my Followers and everyone will now get a notice that my blog is gone, and I have no way of knowing who all of them are.

Would you please post a note on
your blog about this with a warning to everyone NEVER to delete that gmail account even if they don't use it or think they need it. If they want to keep their blog, they need it. I just didn't remember that it was necessary to have a couple years ago when I set up my blog.

I have a new blog already, but there's nothing in it. However, I'm going to post this and hope everyone will be able to find me again, perhaps with the
help
of some of my bloggy friends. It's a different name: http://pinelandstreasures.blogspot.com/

15 comments:

Gene Black said...

Oh my. When I got my Droid, the asked if I had a gmail account. I said yes and they used it for my phone.

Thanks for helping me find Barbara again.

Gill - That British Woman said...

Oh I feel her pain........I "lost" my blog this week, because of the gmail/google snafu, I am still without my email, but they reinstated my blog I was devestated when I found out it had been deleted.

Gill in Canada

Regina said...

Oh no! Thank you for the warning. Hope the blog can be recovered.

Sandi Linn Andersen said...

I love it when folks share their experiences, good and bad, because it's all valuable information to those of us that blog. I hope that maybe there is some way that Barb can get her blog "undeleted". I feel her pain, though. I have got to order the printed version of my blog before I do something and accidentally delete it. Thanks, Barb and Pat for sharing.

ooglebloops said...

I was wondering..............!!! That's terrible but glad she started up again. Just another reason for me to get busy and do like Sandi is, and get my blog printed out!!!

Tangos Treasures said...

Wow what a nightmare for her??!!

fabricartist21 said...

hank you for the heads up. I am always doing things like that and then I get into trouble and have to have someone help me. I am really not that computer literate. I am so sorry.

Needled Mom said...

What a disaster. Thanks for the heads up on it.

Betsy said...

How sad Pat. Thank you for passing the news along.

quiltingnana said...

thanks for sharing. When I got my Droid, I kept my old email account too (It was from another company) so I just let the gmail account that must be on the Droid sit idle and access my old email account from the Droid.

hetty said...

That's a hard lesson. Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

Oh how awful! Big hugs to Barbara...

VICKYFF said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Unknown said...

same for me as Gene, they asked me if I had a gmail account already...

glad she got it all back up and running, though I'm not sure who it is

Myra said...

What a shock and disappointment that would be!!! Poor Barbara!

Thanks for the info Pat! I will post this info on my blog to spread the word... If that is OK with you and Barbara?