Meeting other bloggers!

I began quilting in 2005 and began my blog on November 21, 2008 . As with most quilting bloggers, I've made many online friends with many wonderful ideas on their blogs and have been thrilled by all that happens in "Blogland". It dawned on me, though, that I've been even further blessed by getting to meet several of my quilting blogging friends in person. I've decided to dedicate a couple of posts to this....so here goes. You might even find a blog that is new to you!
It is only fitting that I mention, first, the local bloggers I've met. Actually, I knew these three gals before they had blogs. First up is Kathy. Her picture is to the right here. She started her blog shortly before mine....and she told me if she could figure it out, I could, also. I gave it a try and am very glad I did. Kathy is not only a friend and a fellow quilter and blogger. She is also my "professional" partner in quilt designing. We were lucky enough to have two designs published in a recent issue of McCall's Quick Quilts. We have other projects in the works and enjoy the time we spend together doing this. Kathy and I have something e
lse in common...we are both retired teachers. Click HERE for Kathy's blog.Next up is Kaye. She began her blog after mine and we were already quilting together in a little neighborhood quilting group by that time. Kaye has done a lot of sewing over the years, so she adapted quite easily to quilting. To the left is a photo of Kaye. She's not posted on her blog since the end of December as her husband has had some serious, ongoing health issues, but HERE is the link if you want to see her past posts. She is a really sweet lady and a good friend. She has really enjoyed the many swaps she's participated in since becoming a blogger.
The last of the "local" bloggers I know is Sherry. She is also in the neighborhood quilting group. She is a self-taught quilter and her work is wonderful. (This gal is also a self-taught painter and a good one!) She has done a few commissioned quilts and a couple of memory quilts for family members and close friends that would knock your socks off in addition to many other quilted items. She began a blog some months back, but due to her daughter's health problems (which are now resolving, thank goodness!) she hasn't posted much, either.....but I know she'll get back to it soon and might already have a new post there by the time you read this post of mine. Click HERE to go to her blog. I am going to put a few photos of Sherry here as, somehow, I always manage to get "happy" (silly?) photos of her....and I think they will make you smile, too. Here is Sherry the night she and her sister cooked for us on our quilting retreat to the Amish area of PA last fall. Gotta love how Sherry keeps focused on the task at hand!
This is what she and her sister made us that night. I forget what they called these, but I called them open-faced grilled cheese with bacon and tomato and they were YUMMY!
A unique way Sherry did "show and tell".....by draping her quilt over the back of Chatty, a greyhound belonging to our non-blogging friend, Linda.Here we have Sherry, again on retreat. I have no clue what she was doing, but I know we all laughed!!!
And I will end this post about the local bloggers I know with a silly photo of Kathy (mentioned above) and Sherry on retreat. I promise you, we do buy fabric and do quilting-related activities on our retreats but we have a lot of fun, too! Gotta love my local blogging friends!
Next post will be about other bloggers I've met who are not local folks. Stay tuned!!!
17 comments:
I agree, so much fun meeting quilting bloggers. They are a wonderful bunch of people and oh so creative! Looking forward to seeing your next group!
What a talented group of ladies. And even better, they look like a ton of fun!
Thanks for sharing some of your friends with us.
I would love to meet some fellow bloggers some day!! It's wonderful that you have some so close to you :0)
Crispy
Great idea for a blog post! Loved reading about your friends/bloggers!
Nice post Pat, I remember when you took the picture, the nite we went up to see Pat Sloan. As soon as I can think straight I will be back to Blog. I read it every day b ut haven't posted as I don't like to post negativity or complain and have done some sewing, just not enough
Look at all those incredible women! Wow! I can't wait to meet more quilting bloggers.
Look at all those incredible women! Wow! I can't wait to meet more quilting bloggers.
How fun is this!!! I loved reading all about them and your friendship. You are very blessed.
Fun post, Pat! Tell Sherry I grew up on those yummy sandwiches. My mother always called them "Tasty Sandwiches" and they were our staple lunch after church. I can still taste them! :)
the blogger world is so much fun. I was stunned one time when a lady recognized me at a quilting show, from my blog!
It really looks like you gals have as much fun getting together as you do creating.
Ah, what a fun and wonderful post, Pat!! Quilting friends are truly the best!!
Thanks for sharing your friends with all of us readers. That Sherry looks like a fun gal to have along on a retreat.......and a good cook, too!
What a fun post! You definitely have a great group of fun, local quilters!! :)
I enjoyed your post! There is nothing better than great quilty, blogging friends.
Sure looks like you had a ton of fun.
Post a Comment