Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Hello from Bird-in-Hand, Pennsylvania...


On retreat this week at a neat house we rent....it's called Amish Stay. Off to a couple of great Amish fabric stores this morning!!! Here's the house we rent....love it.....and also love hearing the horses clip-clopping by as they pull the buggies!

27 comments:

Gene Black said...

Enjoy the change of pace and fun of your retreat!

Tangos Treasures said...

Wahooooooo!! Enjoy!!!

Nancy said...

Oh...I am jealous..it looks like a wonderful quiet place to sew..

Have fun! Can't wait to see what your Amish Bag comes home with..

Kathleen said...

What a great week to follow your whirlwind of typing. ENJOY!

Crispy said...

How fun!! I can hardly wait to see what your bottomless tote brings home :0)

Crispy

Jocelyn said...

Have fun!

Kaye said...

Sure wish I was there! Have fun you girls. Spend lots of money, bring home lots of goodies

Needled Mom said...

Have fun and spend lots of money.

Anonymous said...

Have some fun for me!

Maggey and Jim said...

Oh, I just love hearing about the Amish. We stayed in Shipshewana years ago and loved the clip clop too.. What wonderful, amazing quilts they make..
Maggey

Nanette Merrill said...

Oh! I'm so jealous. It has been 6 years since I've been back to Amish country, where a piece of my heart lies. I hope to get back there before it becomes 10 years. Have fun.

Sandi Linn Andersen said...

I would love to hear the clip-clop of the horse-drawn buggy going by. The house is sooooo charming. Must be great fun to "move-in" even if it's only for a short time. Enjoy your fabric shopping!

Denise :) said...

It's been decades since I last visited Amish country -- now that I'm a quilter, I'd really love to take a trip back! Enjoy, enjoy and enjoy!! :)

A mom said...

Oh, I am jealous too! Not only the house, clip clops, Amish people, shops, quilts and fabric, but my grandchildren are in that area also. Maybe I can go next year!

Barb said...

How fun Pat, are their fabrics expensive?

Unknown said...

Pat, you are in a lovely area ... Bird in Hand is such a pretty little area. I so love visiting up there, yes, those clippity-clops are musics to the ears & beauty to the eyes.

Have a lovely stay.

Have a lovely week ~
TTFN ~ Hugs, Marydon

Sara said...

Have fun!!!

Rachel said...

Nice...it sounds so relaxing. I hope you are having a wonderful time!

Beth said...

Looks like a wonderful place to stay and I hope your whole experience there is wonderful.

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

That looks like so much fun Pat - I hope you have a great time.

Michelle said...

Have fun! I'm jealous! :)

Robin (RsIslandCrafts) said...

I love hearing the horse clip clop down the road. I would love to go to Amish country. Their quilts are gorgeous!

Linda said...

I am so jealous. But I have been there before. I love that slow pace.

Micki said...

Joe and I honeymooned there and we had our first honeymoon dinner in Bird in the Hand!
I know you will love it!
Micki

Unknown said...

What a cool name for a town...it sounds like a great place.

Unknown said...

gosh, how did I miss this......I'd love to see those buggies...how cool

Val said...

You are so blessed to be able to do this.