Linda's (which is now a 16" pillow cover...gift for her daughter, I believe, as her daughter loves snowmen). Silly Linda was hiding here!
Prue's....which will be used in her new house (she is moving in another 10 days). Hers is also a pillow cover.
Sherry's.....which looked super after quilting but I didn't get another photo of it. It is another pillow cover!
Kathy's...not sewn together all the way here yet....but she tells me it is now finished and hers is a pillow cover, also.
And mine....at first to be a candle mat but now will be a pillow cover, too. Notice the star point that looks like it's cut off (on the left). It actually is not cut off, but the red flower part of the yellow fabric SO closely matches the red background fabric that it just blends together at first glance. However, when you see it in person, it actually looks like the little flower is appliqued in place at the end of the point.....kind of neat-looking and you can see that if you double click on the photo. I didn't get as much of mine done that day as I was helping with the GO! cutter.....but I love the fabrics I chose and will finish it this weekend and buy a pillow form to "stuff" in this cover very soon and will enjoy this colorful addition to the pillows on my living room sofa.
We had fun sewing together on this rainy day and then went out for a nice dinner together as it was our last night there. We have already booked a rental house for the same week next year. Yippee!!!! (A different house...owned by the same people.....but closer to two of the fabric stores......hmmmmmmmmm.....might be dangerous!!!)
24 comments:
How fun to have a challenge for your trip... Love it! I can't wait to get this move over with so I can sew!!!!!
What a great idea! Love all the different color choices!
Those all look great. I know it was a fun retreat. I think a simple challenge like this is perfect for a retreat rainy day.
I love all the small projects, and what a great complement to fabric shopping!
What a great idea. Small projects that can get done during the retreat. Closer to the stores - bonus!
Love everyone's pillow covers. I really need some throw pillows. I love how easy they are to make and change out whenever you feel like some different colors.
How fun! It was nice to see everyone's project.
Looks like a whole lot of fun. Love the outcome of all the pillows.
What fun you must have all had as you got GOing on your projects. :-) Hmmmmmm......a rental house that is closer to two of the fabric stores.....very dangerous!!!! LOL!
Nothing like a little creative fun with friends. The GO cutter is still a dream, but I've enjoyed the things it can do!
Good job Girls, Love all the color combos. I have never made a pillow, that will be my next project. I would like to learn the corded pillow edge??? Next year will be here before you know it!
These are wonderful projects, Pat. How nice to start and finish something in a couple of days!
You've always got such fun stuff going on, don't you?! Thanks for sharing it! :)
Great fun for all of you and the pillow covers look wonderful.
Oh, that looks like fun!
This looks like so much fun. I love all of them!!!
What a great idea to have a challenge for your trip...looks like you all had fun!
Julia ♥
Looks and sounds like you all had so much fun!
Lola
Nice projects to add fun to your trip!
Oh what fun Pat!! Sounds like a good time was had, and the projects look wonderful! Thanks for sharing! 8-)
I just wish I could join you. What a fun time. Lovely projects too. Thanks for sharing.
SewCalGal
www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com
I soooo what to take a trip to Amish country. Did you eat any Shoo Fly Pie?
Love the cabbage photos..My goodness!
Pat
(who is catching up on blogs. finally)
we are still thinking about a trip to amish country....I want to go soooo bad....
How fun. I'm glad you had a good time. Amish Country is so beautiful.
Post a Comment