Saturday, May 21, 2011

Backing for SNACK ATTACK.....

I've decided the quilt top I showed in the previous post needs to be called "Snack Attack".  I had hoped to do chocolate chip cookies for the backing but was unable to get the fabric as quickly as I needed it.  SO...I shopped around locally.   I bought 3 more fabrics.......cupcakes, donuts, and ice cream cones.....then added them to small pieces of the snack fabrics I used on the front of the quilt.  It made for a WILD backing, but I think my granddaughter (who will be 7 when she gets the quilt) will love both sides of it.   This photo shows just one section of the back.  I have it all pressed and folded neatly and didn't want to unfold it for a full photo of it, but I think you'll get the idea of how wild it is by looking at this. (You should be able to see it enlarged if you click on it once or twice.) What a fun quilt this was to make! I think 2 of my quilting pals....Gyleen and Gene (both of whom love pieced, unique backings) will approve of the back I did on this one.  :)

20 comments:

Judy S. said...

What a nice Gramma you are, Pat. That quilt should make Jessi's day! Such cute fabrics! And a nice design too. Sorry to hear you're having such a stressful time; we were just talking on our walk today about how you never quit worrying about your kids,whatever their age....Take care.

Gene Black said...

My name is Gene and I approve this quilt backing. Ha ha.

I am glad I don't have this quilt - it would make me constantly hungry.

Denise :) said...

LOL! I just posted a cupcake on my blog - GMTA?! I like it, Pat! Hugs!!!

Rhonda said...

My sweet tooth is acting up just looking at this photo!

Unknown said...

Pat, that is a wonderful quilt for your Jessi. Love the colors. And, the cupcake print is a great backing. So bright & delightful.

Have a lovely weekend ~
TTFN ~
Marydon

Tudy said...

Neat top and back. But hungry I would be. Good job picking out the fabric.

Crispy said...

Great choices for the backing. Jessi is going to want to snack every time she covers up with it LOL.

Crispy

Tangos Treasures said...

Oh I love it!! She's gonna love it!!

Bunny said...

Totally cute. she will love it.

hetty said...

That's a Snack Attack alright! Makes me want a snack just looking at it. Jessi will love it!

Barb said...

There are so many novelty fabrics out there from which to choose, I've found that while shopping for theme spirit doll fabrics. I see 4 more in your quilt back! This is fabulous for a youngster!

Jackie's Stitches said...

What a perfect name for this quilt! Love it and the cute fabrics. Jessi is going to love it!

I also love the tote that Rhonda made you that I saw a couple of posts below.

Diane Barfield said...

Those donuts looks so yummy. I am sure your Jessi will love it.

Jocelyn said...

So cute!!!

Unknown said...

she'll love "snack attack"

Kathy said...

If this quilt were in my house, I would be snacking all that time! I'm sure your grand-daughter will love it.

Delisa said...

Oh Pat, what a beautiful quilt! I think your granddaughter is going to love it. It is so sweet, bright and happy. I love the fabrics! It even has pretzels. What colorful details, with the sprinkles and m&m's on the cupcakes. I hope that you are having a lovely afternoon. I am resting up today from a weekend trip and knitting another pair of socks. I have kind of gone sock-happy lately. :) Delisa

Myra said...

I'm getting hungry for sweets and such just looking at this Pat!!! Makes a great backing! 8-)

andsewon said...

What a 'sweet' quilt this will be for sure! It will be her fav I am betting!!

Sheila said...

Wow! What interesting fabrics!