Tomorrow I'll be on a bus trip to the Quilter's Unlimited show in Chantilly, VA. It's a smaller show than most I've attended, but I've heard good things about it and have wanted to go for a few years now. It should be a fun day. I have a plan of what I want this time (many times at other shows I've gone and just wandered and bought things on the spur of the moment). This time, I am looking for a yard of coffee-themed fabric for a good quilting friend, a belated b'day gift for another good quilting friend, and also some other fabrics to go along with those pictured here. They will be for a salad-themed quilt for Christmas for my salad-loving daughter. I think this will be another fun quilt for me...just like the snack-themed one I made for my granddaughter (shown in previous posts).
Thursday, June 2, 2011
Quilt Show trip tomorrow!
Tomorrow I'll be on a bus trip to the Quilter's Unlimited show in Chantilly, VA. It's a smaller show than most I've attended, but I've heard good things about it and have wanted to go for a few years now. It should be a fun day. I have a plan of what I want this time (many times at other shows I've gone and just wandered and bought things on the spur of the moment). This time, I am looking for a yard of coffee-themed fabric for a good quilting friend, a belated b'day gift for another good quilting friend, and also some other fabrics to go along with those pictured here. They will be for a salad-themed quilt for Christmas for my salad-loving daughter. I think this will be another fun quilt for me...just like the snack-themed one I made for my granddaughter (shown in previous posts).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
24 comments:
Have a wonderful time Pat!! I wish I could go to a quilt show but there is nothing going on around here for a couple of months. Hopefully the shows will not be on the weekends that I work, sad how often that happens :0(
Crispy
I love those food fabrics... A salad bar quilt will be fun!
Have fun at the show. There's a big show in Columbus next week. I'm debating on going. Might just pass on that this year. I also heard about a smaller show In the town just north of us. Then there's another creative arts show at the end of the month. Tis the season!
i can't wait to see what comes home in your tote! LOL!
Have fun Pat!
Have fun Pat. Hope you find everything you are looking for at the show. I usually just wander around and impulse buy. LOL
Having a plan seems like a good idea.
I know you'll have a blast and with a plan of what you're looking for in fabric.....well that's going to save money with less desire to shop randomly..... like I do..... a lot..... ;-}
Road Trip!!!
Have a great time!
There are a lot of new food-themed fabrics out now, you will find them for sur. Have fun!
Sounds like fun!! Enjoy! Hope you find all on your list.
Have a great trip, sure wish I was going, next time for sure. I will get a sitter!!!!
Have fun, quilt shows are always so much fun and inspiring too!
How fun! Have a good time on your trip Pat, and I hope you find everything you are looking for and get so see lots of your quilting friends! I'm looking forward to hearing all about it when you get back. Have a wonderful day. Delisa :)
Have a blast, Pat -- buy something(s) pretty!!!! :)
hm...i wonder just how many "salad" themed fabrics are out there? lol
Have a great time...
Have a super time, Pat. I can't wait to see the salad themed quilt!
So you've gone from "Snack Attack" to "Tossed Salad"......determined to make us all hungry, right? LOL!
I just bought some coffee print fabric at Hobby Lobby. They had a whole bolt so if you aren't successful in your coffee search, let me know as I might be able to help. :-)
Sounds like a great trip you have planned, Pat. Have fun. I hope you find everything you want at sale prices. (grin) A salad quilt sounds like so much fun to make. Enjoy!
Have a great time on the bus trip AND at the show.
The salad quilt is a clever idea.
Enjoy...have fun...spend some cash and bring back some fun show and share!!
Have fun tomorrow! I love the flower collage at the top of your blog too! :)
Are you taking your Mary Poppins bag? You know, the one that you can keep putting stuff into without it getting full? I know you'll have fun!
Yippie!! Have fun!!!
Love the salad idea! Have a great trip and enjoy the show! Sometimes the smaller shows are the best.
Have a great time...
Coffee related fabrics...hmmm...let me know where you find some...
I was at the Chantilly show ~ had a great time. Met Pat Sloan and spent too much money!
Post a Comment