You might have noticed a very colorful, floral collage at the top of my blog now. Thanks to Gene Black who put the collage together for me using some of my floral photos. I am very happy with the way it looks!
I've not had a giveaway in awhile. I'm thinking I am going to sort through my patterns in the next few weeks and maybe some books, too, and get REAL about what I will use and what I won't use. Then I think I'll put the unwanted ones (all very nice ones) on here as a giveaway. The giveaway will only be open to those who make regular comments, though. As most of you know, I'm not one to ask others to post about my giveaways and then draw folks who never paid attention to the blog until they wanted to win something in a giveaway!!! So if you are a regular reader, I hope you'll find a chance to comment at some point over the next few weeks. I'm not sure exactly when this giveaway will take place, but I'm sure it will be sometime in May and I'll look back a bit to see who has made comments recently.
Somewhat akin to this is the fact that I'm considering taking my blog offline. Initiallly, I thought I'd use the blog as a journal of my quilting, crafting and other travels, but since I take photos of everything I make and everyplace I go, I have that kind of record on my computer already. It seems that life is busy for everyone and I've had trouble finding time to do much sewing and blog posting lately, so I'm thinking it may be time to disappear from Blogland. Have any of you felt that way? I realize people often read and don't make comments, so I have no real way of knowing if it's worthwhile to keep my blog going or maybe if I should just cut back to posting once or twice a month. (I guess if I had a "counter" on my blog, I could see how many are coming and going and reading the blog..maybe the Blogger stats would show me? I guess I should try to investigate that feature.) Some of you have become my friends through the blog and I'd keep in touch with you outside the blog. So...we shall see what happens in the next few weeks. I just didn't want to disappear without warning, and I will be certain to announce when it's my last blog post if I do make that decision and to get email addresses for those of you with whom I'd wish to stay in touch and share projects and ideas.
Okay...enough of that for now......here is a photo of my progress so far on a throw-sized quilt I'm working on for the guest bedroom (a pale lavender color is on the walls...and I'm going with a white chenille bedspread with white chenille shams, so I can change out the accent colors easily by making various small throws like this one). I bought a pack of coordinated fabrics at a quilt show just because I liked it about two years ago and had no idea what I'd make with it, but I am liking that fabric in this quilt!

43 comments:
Love the quilt & colors!
I would hate it if you left blogland:(
I think all bloggers need a little break whether it is for a short time or much longer. When blogging becomes a chore then it's time to take a step back and re-evaluate how blogging fits into your life.
Your quilt looks great. I love the striped fabric.
What a pretty quilt! I know I don't comment every time, but I read your blog every time you post, because I have you in my Google Reader. :0)
I can understand, it does take a lot of time to blog and read blogs.
I find I can't always comment or even answer comments left on my blog and it does worry me.
Maybe a blog break is the answer.
Christine
Like Terry, I read your blog all the time! I may not always have the time to comment, but I look forward to your adventures. I know that we all need a break sometimes too. Maybe that is all you will need, just a little bloggy vacation. I would hate to see your blog disappear altogether, but I do understand.
Love the colors in the quilt. If you leave I will miss you but I also understand.
I would hate it if you quit blogging. (just had to say that)
I do know the feeling though.
I have a hidden counter on my blog and am surprised at how many people from so many different places read it.
i too have thought about disappearing from blogland lately...i've not posted since who knows when and haven't read in about the same amount of time, i've made some really good friends here, but have made some enemies as well...seems some bloggers are a bit touchy these days..whos knows what will happen...i feel like i have alot of content on mine and would hate to loose it all, it's free and for now it will stay
Cute quilt - I've always been partial to lavender/purples with green. I like stripes and flowers together too.
Blogging does take time. I'm not posting as often either. Blogger does have a feature called Stats that will give you an idea of who's visiting and where they're being referred from. Your blog has so much good information on it, it would be sad to take it completely down. Maybe a nice long break?
I don't have a blog, but every morning I check my "Reader" to see who has posted and I've enjoyed your blog very much. I like the mix, quilting and flowers and travel ( especially your visit with my friend, Pat W). I lived in the Philly area, so love to hear about the shore, Lancaster trips, etc etc. I don't often comment on blogs, but we're out here ;-)
I understand the need for a break. I read a lot of blogs, but don't comment on all of them. Just when posts strike my fancy.
I like your opening collage. So Springy!
Sometimes it is nice to have words written down with pictures to remember the feelings of how you felt or about the process you used when you were making or doing something. A picture can capture a moment in time, but it can't always capture the feelings or thoughts you had at that time. So I say keep your blog. Post when ever you feel like it. You mentioned it is a journal of your quilts and travels, so keep it that way and don't worry if no one is reading it. But with 279 followers, I am sure people are reading your blog. And you never really know how many follow through google reader, since you can subscribe to blogs in google reader without being a "follower". I am an official follower but I read your blog through google reader, so I don't think that picks me up as a site visitor.
I use my blog as a personal craft journal as well, and I really enjoy going back a couple years to see what I was making and what my mind set was back then. It is fun to read. I doubt many people go back and read my very first posts, but I do and I am glad they are there.
So keep blogging! :)
I'd hate to see you disappear from blogland as I always enjoy reading what you have to say. On the other hand, I've also had difficulty posting very often, but for those who are followers, I know they will find and read what I post. Needless to say, you will be missed if you decide to leave. I hope you don't!!
Oh no! I would miss you so much Pat. If you go to your Stats, you should be able to see how many come to your blog every day. I agree that comments seem to have fallen off. sometimes I may not comment after reading someone's blog, but it is mostly because there are so many to read and I can't be on the computer all day. I've trimmed down my list considerably, however I still enjoy hearing what everyone is up to. Take a break, step back for a few days, or a couple of weeks, and maybe rethink how to handle your blog.
I would really miss your blog, if you stopped posting altogether. I feel as if we are friends, although we have never met. (We should do something about that.) You could cut back to blogging once a week. I find I don't have anything to say more often than that.
Noooooo! Don't go!
I do know what you mean, though. I've thought about disconnecting (from blogging and facebook) a number of times. But I'd miss you :(
I would miss you tremendously! Blogspot has a built in analytics feature. You should check it out. I always get a kick out of the results. Take a breather--everyone deserves one now and then! :)
Don't you dare leave me! -) Just take a break and lurk in on us!
I think all bloggers go through cycles...we have tons to talk about and share and then we hit a period where it just seems like an effort to put fingers to keyboard... Don't delete your blog...you might surprise yourself and miss it.
I for one will miss seeing and reading about your daily life...but understand...
Cute quilt. When I closed my blog for 6 months last year it was the best thing I did. Now I enjoy blogging again. At some point I'll probably get to wanting to close it again for awhile. Although I don't comment as much as I use to, I still read your blog. I totally understand though if you feel the need to back off for awhile. Hugs
I can understand the desire to stop blogging but I too think you should leave your blog out there. Who knows, you may get bit by the blogger bug again some day :0)
Love the colors of your quilt...really pretty :0)
Crispy
Very pretty quilt in progress, Pat. I love the colors! There are ways to put a counter on your blog, let me know if it would help you. Also, just cutting back on posting and reordering your blog priorities according to what's *most* important to you might take off some pressure. Having a 'show and tell' space for my projects works for me. I know I'd never be able to keep up with it if I was trying to include additional aspects of my life. Do whatever makes you happiest, life is too short to do otherwise. :)
I think there are times when we all feel the pressure of putting a post together. Have you thought of maybe doing one less frequently? I went to once a week and even that will sometimes loom over my head, but I would hate to loose all of my blogging friends. I'd hate to see you go away completely.
Morning, Pat! I agree with those who say "keep the blog.....take a break...don't delete the blog". I have taken a couple breaks already this year and I feel I really need another one. Blogging is a lot of work, almost like writing a newspaper column only we are not paid! LOL! What I am finding is that the blogging and Yahoo groups are keeping me from sewing. I have to spend so much time at the computer to "stay connected" and what I really need is to "disconnect" for a while. I am going to blog far less come summer, but I don't want to quit blogging completely. I say, keep the blog and just post that you are taking a "Sabbatical". I love that word. Sounds so official. :-)
I read a lot of blogs, but don't comment as often as I should. I say if blogging makes you happy, do it.
I have a young friend who would love the colors you are using for your throw. I don't use purple or lavender much. Don't know why really--I love purple flowers...lilacs, lavender, crocus, iris, etc.
Look at all these beautiful comments - so many people that love you - including me! I know exactly how you feel - I've been busy with "life" and haven't sewn as much as I would like to. I'm only working on blocks of the month projects really - posting one block seems boring to me. I've also started thinking about doing a family blog that wouldn't have followers other than family members. And I've started working part time as a Scentsy consultant. So, like you, I wonder about keeping the blog. BUT, we all need each other here, so take a break! Come back when you want to? If you do decide to leave the blog, I would like to keep in touch with you - even if it is just here and there - a little of this and a little of Pat!!
Love ya!
Oh I hope you don't stop blogging! I read every post although I don't always comment.
Take a break and then post less often so it doesn't feel like a chore.
Didn't mean forthat to sound like a command....LOL just a suggestion.
Of course we all think this from time to time. It is a personal decision to keep on blogging. The deceptive thing about a blog counter is that those who view through google reader or other forms don't actually log into your blog. The reader logs into a view but individuals don't and so you never really know how many are looking at your blog without actually coming into click the block. Posting is up and down. I like to post but I don't like responding to comments as much. Hence my email has 400 unread messages. It isn't that I don't like responding, I do! But I save that for last and I never get to it so I carry a lot of guilt about that. I'd rather see what my friends are doing than respond to my posts. So some people don't like that. They figure if they leave a comment then they deserve a reply. I don't think that. It is hard to fit it all into our lives and have meaning for us. Do what is best for you, in all instances. I don't leave comments all the time on blogs. Especially if I am short on time. And I don't always read everything. I'm a skimmer. Hope you stay though.
Pat, I always read your posts through my google reader. I don't have a blog but I do appreciate the time and effort that bloggers put into their blogs. Maybe you should take a break and see what happens. Every person has to do what is right for them.
Pat, it will be sad if you stop blogging, but I totally understand..I have felt the same way at times.
Life at times can be very challenging to try and fit everything in, do what you feel in your heart is best for you.
Have a little break, and see how you feel then..
Julia ♥
I understand what you are saying, I have a hard time keeping up with blogging, but do love to write them when I can and love to read others as I have time. I would advise to just post when you have something to post about. I could never keep up with a post every day, though I admire those that do.
Get a counter, you will be surprised at how many people stop by!
Hi Pat, I have started reading your blog the last few weeks and I will really miss you and your kind lovely presence if you go away completely. It is easy to get really overwhelmed especially if you feel you have to answer everyone back. It can take hours sometimes. Maybe you need to do is just go have some fun in the sunshine and sew all the projects you have stacking up in your mind and have a good change of pace. Who knows, you might just get the urge to write again and show us your new projects and photos . Have a lovely evening! I also wanted to thank you for the kind and uplifting comments you leave on my blog,
HI Pat I did read this email that you posted but have had the flu and to even type hurts..lol But this important and I wanted to say I hope you decide to keep your blog up maybe just post less. It is nice to come in and read your blog it is somewhere I feel comfortable. ANd what you do say is important. I would actually hate it if you left blogland...
So glad you decided to stay in blogland. I have often thought about deleting mine...but I would miss all my friends! Your quilt is very pretty, I love the lavendar.
Oh, dear! I hope you won't stop blogging! I love reading what you have been up to. I had the computer guy here this morning and he took the bugs out of my new machine. Now I can read blogs again! And I started with yours because they are listed in alphabetical order now and you are tops on my list!
Hi Pat!
I've been feeling the same about my blog lately... It kind of "takes over" your life if you let it, and then you get to the point of not wanting to bother with it... I am at that point now...
I haven't blogged much in the last couple of weeks, nor have I done much blog visiting/commenting either...
Time to slow it down some, be more involved with "life" than blogging, but still post once in a while, and visit others when I can...
I too would miss reading your blog if you took it offline Pat!
I think moderation is the key, and I am in the process of finding that... Perhaps that is all it is for you too!?! 8-)
I've noticed that you have slowed down with you're posting, but there's nothing wrong with that. Unless you're not enjoying it don't make it go away, you could just post when you feel like it. No pressure.
I completely understand about blogland and its ability to take over your life. Your blog is one of the few I always read and I enjoy it very much. I dont comment often on blogs due to the time factor that it takes. I am glad you are going to continue. I blog but only as I have something to put out there and therefore the stress of blogging is greatly reduced. Thanks for all your sharing!
I read, rarely comment. Thanks for blogging and, if you do take a break, come back and let us know what you are up to occasionally.
Ditto on what the others are saying Pat. Take a break as you need to, enjoy that beautiful beach where you live this summer, and touch base with us when you can - guilt free :) Would hate to see you go completely, I love your show and tells!
I have been reading your blog for a long time and would miss you if you decide to stop blogging but only you can decide what is right for you. I don't comment often but do read regularly.
Well, i enjoy reading your blog, and do it from Google reader...i think ultimately having a blog or not having a blog is to decide how it makes YOU feel and why you have one...i see them as sort of a digital scrapbook and for those with families scattered near and far, they are a great thing! i can imagine your granddaughters keeping it up when you no longer can.Some people use their blogs as a way of conducting business, or networking as part of their business, and others use it to keep an online diary(not necessarily a good thing, but that is usually the very young who don;t realize that they may change their mind and thinking and ideas about privacy)I would miss your blog if it weren;t here, but know also that to actually develop a readership they take time and effort...and also that your readers may very well remain unknown to you/.
ktj
Post a Comment