Wednesday, April 20, 2011

BUSY days......

First of all, thanks to those of you who voted for one of my two quilt blocks in the AccuQuilt Barn Quilt contest.  I realized after a few days that the contest seemed to turn into a popularity contest, so I laid back on it after that.  I like my blocks and might use them myself in something eventually and it was nice to be selected to be in the 100 finalists.

This is a crazy busy time of year for me.  If any of you are involved in church music, you know what I mean.  Holy Week and Easter are very hectic.  I'll be very tired come Sunday afternoon.  In the meantime, I won't have much chance to read blogs or to post on mine.

Here are two gifts I got recently.  One is a box with lots of fun goodies in it from Jean (aka Lois).  I had responded to her plea for solid scraps and she offered to trade something for them.  I told her no......I'd just be happy to see the scraps go to a good home.  She sent me this nice box of goodies anyway......it was a fun surprise.  I am especially excited about the spool of Invisifil thread as I've heard great things about that. Sorry the photo is turned sideways...guess you'll get some neck exercise when you look at it!

Then....a fairly new neighbor gave me 4 really nice-smelling (and gentle) organic, homemade soaps shaped like Easter eggs that she made. She said it was a thank-you for making her feel welcome as the "new kid on the block".  I love the soaps and think I'll be buying soaps from her now.

After Easter, I'll be sandwiching and quilting the quilt for the guest bedroom.  I showed it in progress a few posts back.  Here is is finished and below that is the crazy-pieced backing for it.  I'm happy with it and hope I can do some simple quilting on it that will look nice.

20 comments:

Anonymous said...

I had so much fun picking out the goodies! Bring on spring and a new spring look for the guest room!

Have fun with your goodies!
Hugs!

Scrappy quilter said...

What fun mail items. Have fun with them. Hugs

Sandi Linn Andersen said...

Goodies in the mail are always a delight! Love those Easter shaped soaps!!

Unknown said...

Hi Pat yes I do know how busy Easter is. I use to be in the choir at my church then it got to political and I just wanted to sing so I bowed out gracefully. Enjoy the reason for the season and your family.....

Dawn said...

Love the colors in your quilt :) Happy Easter!

Myra said...

I also know how hectic Holy Week is... remember to sit for a nice cup on tea! 8-)

Wonderful goodies/soaps Pat, and I love your quilt top! It will make a lovely guest room dressing!! 8-)

sewfunquilts said...

Happy Easter to you and your family. Love the goodies you got and those soaps are adorable.

Nancy said...

nice goodies...I didn't turn my head though...I just pretended that your couch was on it's side...lol

Needled Mom said...

I was wondering if it was going to turn into a popularity contest. Oh well!!!

Have a blessed Easter, Pat.

Gene Black said...

That is a fun gift package. Do tell us about the Invisifil when you try it out.

Your quilt looks great.

Greg said...

It's always nice to get goodies in the mail. I too am waiting to hear about the thread...So, Um get busy already!!!

Jackie's Stitches said...

I haven't heard a thing about Invisifil! Where have I been?

I love homemade soaps and hope one day to experiment with making my own. Right now I have my hands full!

Happy Easter!

Rhonda said...

Holidays are very busy times ...... I love Easter but this year with it being so late in April, Mother's Day is right around the corner ..... yipes!!!

Delisa said...

Hi Pat! Your new quilt is so pretty! I love the colors. It is always fun to get a present, and you received such a nice bag of goodies. I hope you have a fun weekend ahead. Congratulations too on being one of the finalists in your quilt contest! Delisa :)

hetty said...

Isn't it fun to get goodies in the mail? Your quilt looks terrific. Happy Easter!

Tangos Treasures said...

Love your gifties!!
Quilt looks great!!
Happy Easter!!

Crispy said...

What wonderful gifts!! It's great that she didn't send you scraps to replace the scraps you sent her LOL.

You have a wonderful Easter!!

Crispy

Beth said...

Isn't it fun to get surprise packages? Looks like you got some good ones.
Those soaps look so pretty. ( I wanted to lean in and smell them) LOL.
Happy Easter and forget to get some rest.

Gari in AL said...

I really like your guest rooom quilt. It will really say welcome when your guests arrive.

Unknown said...

I like your goodies......nice