So....without further delay...here is what came home in the bottomless Amish shopping bag (that was shown here yesterday)...double click on them if you wish to see them enlarged....
The Christmas fat quarters on the left were bought with a gift card so kindly given to me by a gal who I accidentally met on Facebook (a real small world story) who stayed in the SAME rental house as us and left the day before we arrived...she left a gift card for me to Bitty Kinna's shop. Thanks, MaryAnn!!!


Much of the fabric I bought was just because I liked it....although some was bought with a purpose. This next photo shows fabrics I will use to make a cute snack throw for the grandkids to use when they visit us. I figured they will find that amusing.
This next fabric is Girl Scout cookie fabric...perfect for a pillowcase for my granddaughter who is becoming a Brownie. (I saw this fabric at MaryJo's in NC a few weeks back and forgot to buy it there...so I was happy to see it in the shop in PA.)
I've heard good things about wool batting, so I bought some to give it a try. The other fabrics pictured below are 108" wide backings.......for $8.50 a yard....a STEAL, in my opinion, so I stocked up on them!
The last two photos are fabrics I bought at a last-minute stop at Zook's and The Old Country Store on the day we were leaving. 
I'll finish showing photos taken during the retreat week in my next post in a day or two....there are some nice shots taken around the Amish area. Hope you enjoyed seeing my fabric. I love all of it and think my bottomless Amish shopping bag did a great job!
23 comments:
Wonderful fabrics!! You did good!! Love the snack fabric & the idea!!
How cool on the gift card!
Wonderful stash!! I thought that it was sweet of your new friend to surprise you with a gift card as well. Just wonderful! You scored some really good deals!! Funny that you mentioned the stores only 2.5 hrs away and if you really needed anything you can go back....look, MJ's just up the road from me an hour and you would think I would go often right? Hee! It's a dangerous place!!! Also they don't carry Moda or it would seriously be dangerous!!
holy cow...love all those fabrics, i really like the last group...and that girl scout fabric is adorable, i'll have to look for that at Mary Jo's.
Oh my...you scored and then some! Great fabrics!
Wow you got some great stash! I think you picked some wonderful fabrics.
The backings at 8.50 a yard are an excellent deal. I like all of those.
I am curious to know how you like the wool batting. Will you send it out or quilt it yourself?
Wow Pat, what a great assortment.
Beautiful! Look at all those lovely greens! The Christmas fabrics are great too. Oh heck, it's all wonderful. Good shopping, Pat!
By the way, $5 a yard? No way! At the quilt stores here, we pay easily $20 a metre for good fabric. Even at Fabricland (sort of like JoAnn's), we pay $10-15/m.
What fun fabrics you brought home with you, Pat. I can't wait to see the kid's snack quilt made up.
You did very well! Lovely fabrics! I really like the fabrics you bought for the kids snack throw. Jacob would like these fabrics, too. :-)
Wonderful fabric shopping fun times you had!! I too want to try the wool batting!!
Have fun petting all that fab fabby!!haha!
Beautiful fabrics!! Good for you to hold back, I would never had been able to!
Love the snack fabrics, what a fun idea!!
Oooo pretty fabrics!! I even have a few of those in my stash too :0)
Crispy
Just love the fabrics and well...that tote must have a hollow opening...
Ah the bag did not disappoint. Wonderful fabrics. Look like you have some sewing to do.LOL
Oh Pat, you went to all my favorite places...I think I'm due for a Lancaster day trip.
by the looks of all the fabric, I think you had a great time shopping. Can't wait to see the snack quilt .
Love all your fabrics. I need a trip to a quilt shop.
Those are wonderful fabrics at wonderful prices. Love the penguin fabric.
Looks like lots of nice fabric! I'll be glad to take a day trip with you sometime if you find you just HAVE to go! Have you seen a picture of my "snack" quilt? I'll email it to you!
Looks like you did yourself proud at the fabric shops.
Beautiful fabrics and I love your fall header picture.
Think you should open your own fabric shop, Pat! That cookie fabric is adorable!
Beautiful fabrics. I love the story of your facebook friend. Facebook has helped me to find many old friends that I haven't saw in many years. I don't do much on facebook but I do like staying in contact with others.
Post a Comment