Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Happy Birthday, Jessi......

My granddaughter, Jessica, turns 6 today. Time surely does fly!!! We're going to do our part to make sure she has a really special day today!

Over the weekend, I did a lot of sewing.......I made the block pictured below. It is another one from the R/W/B no-sew swap. I LOVE this block. The fabric was cut and sent out by Marion in Germany...and she picked the block, too. It is called Love in a Mist and is found on Quilter's Cache (in case you want to make it, too). These blocks will finish at 12" so having 9 of them, and adding sashing and borders, will make a nice sized hanging for my new quilt hanger.I also made the following over the weekend: 3 new valances for my kitchen windows, 2 new valances for our bedroom windows, a wall-hanging to match the bedroom valances, and pillow covers (for throw pillows) to match the bedroom valances, and I have a table topper ready to go for the kitchen that will match those valances. The wall-hanging for the bedroom was done in the disappearing 9-patch method...starting with 5" squares. I could have made it a lot quicker if I had an AccuQuilt GO cutter to cut out those squares........*sigh* I am still doing some hand-quilting on that piece so I didn't take a picture of it yet. The valances were two of my many UFO's that I posted about recently.....so that is 2 more I can cross off the list....YAY!!! On top of all that sewing, I did some yardwork, went to church, and also read some of Jennifer Chiavarini's "Aloha Quilt". I can surely get a LOT done when I don't have any work from that darned typing job to interfere with my quilting but I guess I'll keep that typing job since it keeps me in fabric!!! LOL

19 comments:

Kaye said...

can I borrow Aloha Quilt when you are finished. You sure have been one busy lady this week end. Can't believe Jess is 6 already

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday to Miss Jessie. Ya know, I have some Vera Bradley paper dolls, would she like those? I was just thinking last night, there aren't in girls in our family.

I love this RWB block. You were busy sewing all weekend.

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday to Jessica!! They do grow up too fast. My, you really did get quite a bit of sewing done. Actually you just got a lot of everything done.

Jackie's Stitches said...

Happy Birthday Jessica! I hope you have a special day.

Pat, your block is really pretty. I can see why you like it so much. It really suits the fabric too.

Jocelyn said...

Your block looks really pretty. Hope Jessica has a wonderful day!

Kathy said...

You are amazing! What a lot of work you got done over the weekend. I'm very impressed. When it comes to sewing, I'm satisfied if I can successfully thread my sewing machine! LOL.

Nancy said...

well weren't you the busy bee this weekend... next to you I was a slug.

Happy Birthday to Jessica.. 6 is a great age.

Kathleen said...

You're a whirlwind sewer! Hope everyone enjoys the birthday celebraions.

luv2quilt2 said...

What a lot your accomplished this weekend! The block is so pretty, and a star to boot! My RWB has 15 stars so far and I think I'm going to add enough to make a bed size quilt. I look forward to seeind yours.

Crispy said...

Whew, I'm tired just reading all the things you have accomplished lately LOL.

Happy Belated Birthday to Jessica!!

Crispy

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday Jessica!

Pat, you are rocking the UFOs... way to go!

Needled Mom said...

Happy birthday, Jessi!!!!

Love your RWB block, Pat. It looks so crisp and clean.

You surely got a lot done this weekend.

Pat said...

First, Happy Birthday to Jessica.
Secondly, I hope you win an Accu Quilt Go Cutter.
Lastly, The block you made is just beautiful. Love the fabrics. You sure got a lot done, my dear friend.
Happy Quilting!

hetty said...

Happy Birthday to Jessica! Hope she has a terrific day. Your block is beautiful. That Go would be great to win! Good luck to you, my friend.

Julia said...

Happy Birthday to Jessica!! They do grow way up too fast..
Hope she has a great fun day..
Julia ♥

Beth said...

Happy Birthday to Jessica. (Late)
I really like that r/w/b block. I could use some new valences now that you finished yours ;)
I just finished reading the Aloha Quilt. I enjoyed it, not really her usual style, but I still likied it.

Myra said...

Happy Birthday Jessi...belated... 8-)

What a great looking block Pat, and a productive day you had! Good for you! 8-)

Nanette Merrill said...

whew good for you. Your block turned out great, and you've been super super busy.

Nishant said...

I love this RWB block
Adsense Alternative