Wednesday, June 23, 2010

GO Quickly!!!!

No...I'm not sending you anyplace when I say in my title "GO Quickly". Actually, I want you to stay right here and look at my now-finished quilt top, which I am calling "GO Quickly". Seemed like a good name since I was able to design it very quickly with EQ7 (which I only learned to use last week) and I did all the cutting quickly with my GO cutter.....and then I was able to sew very quickly because there is a ton of time saved on the half-square-triangles when they are cut with the GO! So....here you have it......I present "GO Quickly"!!! I'm very happy with it! (I may make this again soon in red, green, and white for a Christmasy quilt top.) I think it will enlarge if you click on it.And here is a closeup of one section of it. The fabric that appears white actually has small, blue polka dots on a white background....which you can't really see easily here.
I need to stop cutting fabric for a day or two and practice quilting, so I can maybe get these tops turned into actual quilts myself and not have to send them out to be done. I also want to straighten up some things in my sewing space and rearrange things. Hubby built a nook, of sorts, for my GO and the dies...so that was terrific!

32 comments:

Jackie's Stitches said...

Pat, your GO Quickly quilt came out wonderfully! I'd love to see a pic of your GO Nook.

Unknown said...

How wonderful! The name is so appropriate too! What a great hubby! Now you are all set to GO!

Gene Black said...

Wow Pat, it looks great! I did enlarge a pic and could see the blue dots on the white fabric.

Terry said...

Your quilt top is just beautiful! And I think it would look lovely made up in red and green for Christmas! :0)

Millie said...

Pat, love the name of the quilt...the quilt too! I have a Go Cutter on my wish list.

andsewon said...

WOW now how cool is that!1 Top all done!
Oh yes a Christmas one would be so pretty.

julieQ said...

Wow, you did go quickly! Very pretty, Pat.

The Other Barb said...

a very striking quilt Pat. Great job!

Sherry said...

Love the quilt top love to see it dine.

luv2quilt2 said...

The quilt is just beautiful, and it would look great in Christmas colors.

Anonymous said...

Go Pat!!!!!!! I like that quilt! You are just speeding along...

Maybe they should call it the Accuquick GO! LOL!

Unknown said...

oh pat, i love this, and it's bigger than i had imagined....so nice....

Winona said...

Oh Pat, this quilt top is just darling. I love it. How nice to make a top so quickly and have it turn out a winner! Have a good day. Winona

Yvette said...

Fantastic! You and your new toy are plowing through. I talk myself out of the GO every night and talk myself into one by noon. LOL!!!

Needled Mom said...

It looks great, Pat and will be lovely in the Christmas colors.

Stephanie Hughes said...

Pat, this looks fantastic. I just love the colors. Are you going to the Anniversary for Serendipidy quilt shop? I can't go but wish I were! Steph

{Leila}Where the Orchids Grow said...

Great name for your quilt. I agree it would look lovely in greens and reds for christmas too. Enjoy!

Lindabee said...

I couldn't see the dots very well --- could you send it to me for a closer look??? Really love this one. Used my cutter last night, and next week hope to learn EQ6. You are my inspiration.

Rita said...

Wow...learning EQ7 and using the Go! all in one week...you should be very proud of yourself. Way to Go!!

Crispy said...

The quilt is WONDERFUL Pat!! You did such a terrific job of designing and actually creating your design in fabric KUDOS!!

Crispy

SheilaC said...

Great name for your quilt! I love it.

And you will have to share pics of your GO nook when you are done cleaning up :)

SheilaC

Sandi Linn Andersen said...

Great quilt!! I know what you need a nook for now......a long-arm quilting machine so you can quilt all these tops you will be making. LOL!

Pat said...

Beautiful job Pat. Love the fabrics too. Happy Quilting!

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

So much fun Pat with your own design and that fabulous Go cutter! Love the results so far!

Kaye said...

Pat its soooo nice. Love the combination of colors, you are truly a live advertisement for the GO. The best thing they could have done was give one to you

Denise :) said...

Pat, WOW! This is awesome! I can't believe how fast you put this together. Great work!!! :)

quiltingnana said...

great as always...can't wait to see it in person

Rachel said...

Look at you GO! Very nice, Pat!

Julia said...

Wow Pat...that's looks fantastic!
Onto the next one now?
Julia ♥

Barb said...

You are just cranking them out....looks great!!

Unknown said...

now that you have both your new toys, I bet it is hard to come up for air and take a break.....go quickly is awesome.....

Vivian said...

I think that is one fabulous quilt.