Friday, June 11, 2010

The birthday girl.....and a question for you....

Last week hubby and I drove to NJ to surprise the granddaughter by picking her up from school on her 6th birthday. She was very confused when we got there and asked where her mom and dad were. (I guess she might have been momentarily worried something was wrong...even as young as she is.) We took her shopping for her gifts and then to her favorite restaurant....Friendly's. She wouldn't wear her birthday sticker (from her teacher) at the restaurant as she recalled that she was embarrassed and cried there last year when the waitresses came out and sang Happy Birthday to her...and she made us promise we would not tell them it was her birthday this time! Here are two photos of her that night at the restaurant.......(and below the photos, a question I have and hope one of you has an answer for me).No...she didn't eat all the ice cream.....she asked us to help finish it! And then back at her house none of the 3 of us was able to eat more than a bite of her cake!!!Okay...my question......how do I remove myself from the list of "Followers" on a blog??? There is a blog on which I signed up awhile ago that has no quilt-related posts ever now....and just in the 12 hours, the blog owner has done 31 posts on her blog!!! Isn't that totally ridiculous?? It is really clogging up my blog reader. So...I tried to go there and see if I could remove myself from the Followers' list, but I can't seem to do it. Do any of you know how to do it??? I hope so, because I have got to put a stop to this nonsense!!! OH...and thanks to all of you who had such nice comments to make here after I won the GO! fabric cutter from AccuQuilt. It is in transit and due here on Monday (according to the UPS tracking system). Raise your hand if you think I'm excited about this!!! LOL ADDED NOTE: Thanks to Jackie and Lola....I am now NOT a follower of that particular blog....Whew!!! She did another 12 posts that showed up on my blog roll just since I wrote my blog post today!!! Anyone who might want to READ all her posts, contact me and I'll give you the link.......!!!!!!

34 comments:

By Hoki Quilts said...

Sorry sweet I can't help you with the pesty blogger, but boy could I help with that ice cream it looks delicious. what a special day you all had.
hugs
Miche'le

Lisa said...

Don't have an answer but your DGD is a real cutie! congrats on your win!

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday to your granddaughter! What a sweetie! My daughter never liked that either, when the waiters and waitresses would sing. Even now that she is older she still doesn't want anyone to know it is her birthday. I hope she had a wonderful day. It sound like you made it extra special. Sorry, I don't have an answer about the follower issue. Let us know if you figure it out.

Unknown said...

Just found the answer!! If you go to her sidebar and find your icon in the follower box, click on it. Next to your icon, at the top right, hyperlinks will appear. Click on settings and then there will be an option that says to stop following this site! Yay!

andsewon said...

What a doll!!! Yummy ice cream to share too.
Nice memories you made for her and your selves too.
You can go into your dashboard on on the left side there is your reading list go in to manage and delete blogs you no longer wish to follow. I had to do some too. With my limited Hughes Net connection can't use up too much !!
Lola

Tangos Treasures said...

Wahooo Happy Birthday to your DGD!!! How fun for her!! I used to be the same way about birthday's! I'd hide under the chair!
Wow 31 blog posts?? Crazy!

Jackie's Stitches said...

31 posts in 12 hours? How does anyone have that much to say?

In my google reader, when I go to the sidebar on the left, a little triangle appears. Click that and it gives you options.

Your granddaughter is just adorable! I can understand not wanting people to sing happy birthday, I'm the same way.

Gene Black said...

I go to the blogger dashboard and "manage" the list of blogs I follow.

I think the singing embarrasses everyone. I usually take it I fun but I an see at her age how she would get upset

luv2quilt2 said...

On your dashboard, at the very bottom under the list of blogs you follow there is a button 'manage'. This will take you to a listing of all the blogs you follow. Find the one you want to stop following, and press 'settings'. From here press 'stop following this site'.
Happy birthday to your little one.

LINDA BYLSMA said...

Glad you got that problem solved. Even I don't have that much to say.
Love your new header, it's gorgeous. Oh, and I keep such good company. So far I know three winners of the Go!!! Way to GOgirl.

Jean said...

She is adorable. Glad you got your problem fixed. I have done it, but was scratching my head trying to remember how...

Jocelyn said...

I'm glad your were able to fix the follower problem. I do the same as Gene when I go to the blogger dashboard and manage the list.

Dawn said...

What a special time with your little grand daughter! I can't wait until mine is old enough for special outings like this. I'm sure it will be here in a blink of an eye though.

Needled Mom said...

Aawww..your gd is so cute. I hate when they sing to me too.

Glad you got your answers.

Rhonda said...

I'm commenting a little late but I see that someone has already aided you with the "not following anymore." Good heavens, I thought I posted too much. That person has way to much time on their hands.
Your gran is a cutie!!!!

Crispy said...

Awww Jessie is getting so big!! Some bloggers are NUTS!!!

Crispy

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

What a wonderful day for Jessie and how sweet of you to surprise her. The photos of her are SO CUTE!

The Other Barb said...

cute pics of your granddaughter. happy birthday to her!

Barb said...

What a cutie...

I know how but it looks like Jackie told you already.

Unknown said...

or, you can go back to the blog and click follow again, and if your already following it, it will give you the option to "stop following"

katieD said...

she seems so happy Pat, it must have been exciting to pick her up unannounced! It does confuse them though, we decided to surprise Daisy by arriving on friday night when she was in bed rather than Saturday morning. Samantha assured us it would be ok but when Daisy got up she kept saying " you come after ballet" Many congratulations on the cutter!!! such happiness!!

Judy S. said...

Cute photos of the b'day girl. Once when my son was young he hid under the table to avoid the singing waiters. Glad you solved the blogging issue. How does anyone have that much time?

jan said...

Firstly - belated birthday greetings to your beautiful GD. Whew what a super dooper ice cream!!!!
secondly - HOW MANY POSTS, good grief, I thought I could chat but that is way way too many. I want to know who it was though, hope none of my friends........Can't someone tell her you don't do that? I would.

Rachel said...

Awww, Jessi is so cute! Happy birthday, Sweetie! Looks like she had a wonderful time out for dinner.

Okay, I'm curious... send me the link so I can check out the yappy blogger :)

Julia said...

Happy Birthday Jessie...what a sweetie Jessie is..
OMG, why so many posts in a day...boy she sure has a lot to say.

I haven't come across a blog like that...yet!
Julia ♥

Sara said...

Great time with your granddaughter - she looks so happy!!!

Winona said...

Happy birthday to your granddaughter. Thirty one posts in a few hours! That is about 4 months worth of posts for me. LOL Have a great weekend. Glad you found out how to disappear from a blog. Winona

Beth said...

Your DGD is so adorable. I am glad that she was able to ask you not to tell them it was her birthday. I think a lot of people (big and small) do not really enjoy the attention. (at least not in public). She looks so happy.

Joanna said...

How does anyone have the time to post over 40 times in one day? It sometimes takes me an hour to do one post (guess I'm slow,) so I could never match her even it I wanted to. And how does she get anything else done? Sorry, Pat, but I am just amazed.
I like the blue drink your granddaughter had and the sundae. That was a very sweet way to help her celebrate. Something she'll look back on fondly.

I bet Monday can't come soon enough. Have fun with the Go!

Samantha said...

Your grand daughter is so cute. Looks like a happy birthday! I remember when my girls were 6- it is such a cute age!!!
and holy cow- sometimes I struggle to get one post a week done... maybe I should hire this lady to do some of MY posts for ME...

Sandi Linn Andersen said...

Happy Birthday to your sweet little granddaughter. That's some ice cream sundae! Glad she had such a fun time with Grandpa and Grandma. :-)

Zlaty said...

Your granddaughter is so cute! That blog does sound reduculous! :)

Myra said...

Happy birthday to the 5 year old! What a treat you had in store for her!!! 8-)

Glad you sorted out the Follower problem Pat! 44 posts in a day! That person needs to get a life! Wow!

Judy L. said...

That blogger wouldn't be me? :) Seems like I talk too much and never have enough quilt related content these days.

Such a cute granddaughter! Happy Birthday to her!