Saturday, June 19, 2010

AccuQuilt Bloggers......

SewCalGal is setting up a group of bloggers who own AccuQuilt Cutters (the Go or the Studio). It will be a great network in which to share tips and ideas and to show what we make using the cutters. There is a button on my sidebar that will link you to her post telling about this. I think it will be a fun group...and even if you don't yet have an AccuQuilt cutter, you might want to check out the information that will be shared by the members of this group.

Here is an update on my quilt that I showed in my last post....the one designed in EQ7 with the intent to cut it entirely with dies from the AccuQuilt GO cutter. I had to vary, ever so slightly, the colors as it was a struggle to find 5 blues that looked okay together. I have made 6 of the non-blue blocks and here is a photo of them just laid out on the floor and also of just one of them close-up. (Of course, they will have sashing and cornerstones added to them.) I cannot begin to tell you what a savings in time the cutter has made.....and to have the half-square triangles make up so easily with NO "rabbit ears" to snip off is absolutely WONDERFUL!!! I hope to get some of the blue blocks done today. Thanks, AccuQuilt for a great product!!!And thanks to so many of you who are on Facebook and saw it was my birthday yesterday and wished me a Happy Birthday. It was fun to see all those messages posted there throughout the day!!!

22 comments:

Gene Black said...

Thanks for the reminder Pat, I have to go "join" SewCalGal's group. I sewed more of my tumblers last night. and changed my layout. I will be posting about it later.

luv2quilt2 said...

Love the Friendship Blocks, and they would be so much easier without having to snip off all the rabbit ears.

Bunny said...

Hmmm no rabbit ears.. I spent the day yesterday cutting and stitching 140 half square triangles thought I was smart by using the half square paper to make them. Fast but still rabbit ears. LOL Bunny

limpingalong said...

Looks like you had a productive day!

quiltingnana said...

that cutter sure does make your work fast!

Unknown said...

love those blocks, and why don't you have rabbit ears......wouldn't you still have them? i'll join that group when i get mine next week

Anonymous said...

Pat, I can tell you're going to have tons of fun with your Go! Cutter...

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the info and Happy Belated Birthday! I blew that one!

Crispy said...

I do believe you have figured out your new toys :0)

Happy Belated Birthday Pat!!

Crispy

Jocelyn said...

Happy Birthday Pat! I don't have Facebook, but I am sure you received lots of well wishes,

paront1222@comcast.net said...

Happy Birthday Pat!!!

That Accucut looks quite interesting! I was just showing hubby your blog and he was intrigued.
I like the quilt you designed on EQ...can't wait to see the finished top!!!!

Have a great weekend!
Peggy

Winona said...

Pat, happy belated birthday. Glad you had a good one. Your blocks are looking good. Winona

Sandi Linn Andersen said...

Lookin' good, Pat! At this rate, you'll have the top done by the 4th of July!! I'm learning a lot by reading the comments on the Accuquilt site. I need to get more info as I see there is one called Studio that must be more "industrial strength" and this made me realize I really need to do my homework on this. I was going to put a Go! on my Christmas list but I want Ancestry.com and so I'll let my husband get that for me and I'll save for the Go! :-) But I'll also keep trying to win one as then I can put my savings into dies. Hooked on another fabric gadget and I don't even own one yet. Oh, and I still want a long arm and I need a new sewing machine. Maybe I will have to get a job! LOL!

Jackie's Stitches said...

Your blocks look wonderful. You bring up a very good point about rabbit ears - I hate clipping them. I'm always afraid I'll get too close and sometimes I don't get close enough.

Sara said...

Looks good...

The Other Barb said...

looks like you are having fun with your new toy!

andsewon said...

Happy Belated Birthday Pat!!!
Sounds like you are having fun!
Lola

Barb said...

Looks great....

sewfunquilts said...

Great quilt blocks...so fun! Thanks for sharing.

ooglebloops said...

Might have to join that group just to see!!! I think (as I mentioned to Gene) you two should get commission or more free product, from AccuQuilt for all this promotion!!! Great quilt!

Rita said...

Hope you had a wonderful birthday, Pat!

Beth said...

Happy Belated Birthday! Your GO is sounding better and better. Your blocks look great, can't wait to see that top all together.