(Information about scarf construction is below)Today we had church and then music practice. (Gary and I are in a folk group and we play the first Sunday of each month and on special days.....will play twice on Christmas Eve, so we need a lot of practice sessions right now.) After that, we came home and I finished up making the turkey soup that I had simmering in the crockpot. That hit the spot on a rainy day.
Tomorrow is my quilt guild's Christmas auction and luncheon. I made a scarf using MaryAnne "Moonbeams in a Jar" Drury's tutorial (posted on Cotton Spice - you must scroll down a bit on the page to find the tutorial). It was a fun and easy project and I think people will bid on it tomorrow. Above is a photo of it. The idea is not to need a purse when you take a walk....put your tissue and house key in the pockets...maybe a few dollars if you are walking to get the newspaper or a morning cup of coffee. Cute idea, isn't it? I don't know why I used such bright colors...not my usual choice, but I'm sure it will appeal to gals who like BRIGHT....and it is so soft and warm....double layer of fleece...nice and cozy!
4 comments:
I think the scarf is just great the way it is, a punch of colour that's needed to jazz up a winter coat!
What great colors.....sure will perk up the winter dulldrums!!
Hope you have a successful auction! Today is my Quilt Guilds party. We did secret santas and I made mine a tote bag....
Just thought I'd let you know that I've given you an award...you can check my blog...
CUTE scarf!!! Nicely done Pat.
Post a Comment