I enjoy Amish fiction and have read many books by various authors, including
Beverly Lewis. Usually I read through them quickly, but this one was a slower
read for me. I felt as if it took a long time to get to the parts of interest to
me and then.....when the story did get interesting to me, it was so near the end
of the book that the ending was rushed. Actually, another problem I had was the
same that a couple of folks have mentioned in reviews on Amazon
.....it seemed to be two stories that
really had no connection with each other (except that the mother in one of the
stories...Ellie.... taught sewing and had some contact with the main character
in the "second" story.....Marlena). For some reason, I had a tough time making
myself sit for long with this book, so each of my reading sessions was short and
it took me many days to finish this book. (I got this book free from NetGalley
in exchange for an honest review.) In truth, I have enjoyed other books by
Beverly Lewis much more than I enjoyed this one, but if someone is new to Amish fiction, they will probably like reading this.

No comments:
Post a Comment