Monday, February 10, 2014

Nice surprise in the mail.....

Look at this nice surprise I got in the mail today from a quilting friend ( Julie ).   She took the time to make me a mini quilt and I love it......so colorful....
and she put a little bit of "extra-special" in it by adding a piping strip of fabric just inside the binding.  (I'm not sure if you call it piping, but that's what I call it.)  If you click on the photo, I think you can see it in more detail.   I really appreciate her kindness AND her nice work.....beautifully-stitched hand-quilting on it, too.   It looks very nice hanging on my wall and I will treasure it always.   THANKS, Julie!    Click on her name at the beginning of my post to go see her quilting blog and the beautiful work she does while still working full-time as a nurse.  She is quite a special gal.

10 comments:

Denise :) said...

How very sweet! And you've got the perfect place to hang it, too!! :)

Jackie's Stitches said...

It's a beautiful quilt - I love the piping that you pointed out (and I saw after clicking) and the skinny border too. Skinny borders are under appreciated! Happy Valentines Day, Pat!

Beth said...

What a little beauty! Andyou have the perfect way to showcase it. I hope it makes you smile every day.

Unknown said...

Absolutely gorgeous! What a special friend, as that is definitely a labor of love. :-)

Gene Black said...

I have heard it called "piping" and I have heard it called "flange" - regardless, it adds a nice design element to an already pretty quilt.

Michelle said...

Wow...what a nice surprise! You have a perfect spot for it too!

julieQ said...

You have the perfect place to display your quilt!!

Judy S. said...

Lucky you! That must have made your day!

Micki said...

Lovely quilt. I will probably be on Facebook more than on my blog, but will enjoy what I can do with the blog.
Thanks for stopping by.
Micki

Chris said...

Hi Pat, it's gorgeous. I'm just stopping by to say how delightful your blog is. Thanks so much for sharing. I have recently found your blog and am now following you, and will visit often. Please stop by my blog and perhaps you would like to follow me also. Have a wonderful day. Hugs, Chris
http://chelencarter-retiredandlovingit.blogspot.ca/