Wednesday, February 9, 2011

A new project.....


Of course I have a nearly uncountable number of unfinished projects, BUT....since my friend, Pat, was kind enough last week in Atlanta to give me the tree skirt pattern she designed, I decided to start work on that. I used the fabrics shown here (8 different ones) and cut them into strips. Soon I will sew them into strip sets and then use a 10 degree wedge ruler to cut the strip sets. Once assembled, it will make a very nice tree skirt.

I have a quilted jacket in progress as part of a "brown bag" quilt challenge online and I think that is supposed to be completed for March, so I better dig that out and resume work on it this week, too.

My break from the medical typing job continues for another couple of weeks, so I hope to get more sewing done during the rest of this month.

24 comments:

Unknown said...

I think that most of us have an uncountable amount of unfinished projects. But no one ever said that we couldn't add more!! Right? Looking forward to seeing your tree skirt!

Jackie's Stitches said...

No rules! No guilt! I love the fabric you've picked out.

Gene Black said...

Good selection of fabrics! I can't wait to see your finished tree skirt.

Anonymous said...

Wow, this looks like it's going to be a fun project.The fabric works well together.

I need to get motivated to sew. Today I'm just not feeling it.

Anonymous said...

Wow, this looks like it's going to be a fun project.The fabric works well together.

I need to get motivated to sew. Today I'm just not feeling it.

luv2quilt2 said...

Those are lovely Christmas fabrics, and will make a beautiful tree skirt. I look forward to seeing it.

Betsy said...

great color selection Pat.

Anonymous said...

I've thought about making a tree skirt myself, really need one here. I'll be watching for this to take shape from these very pretty fabrics!

Danielle said...

You are getting a jump on the holiday for sure! Very pretty fabrics!

Crispy said...

Oooo pretty fabrics, I look forward to seeing Pat's design all made up :0)

Would love to see the quilted jacket too!!

Crispy

Needled Mom said...

That will make a gorgeous tree skirt. You will have to share your quilted jacket with us.

Rosa said...

I lovely fabrics ,looking forward to seeing the skirt.

Pokey said...

Pretty fabrics, Pat! Can't wait to see. Are you settling back in at home?
:-}pokey

Anonymous said...

Sometimes it is fun to just start another something NEW while we are excited about it! Go for it and share with us!

Scrappy quilter said...

I love the fabric you've picked. Can't wait to see it when it's all finished.

Winona said...

Pat, these are very pretty fabrics. Looking forward to seeing your tree skirt. For some reason I seem to be doing lots of BOM's this year. Now if I can just keep up with them. LOL Have a great day.

Beth said...

Great fabrics. We have that pattern in the store I work in. I will have to try it. Woulod make a great table topper too.

Unknown said...

Will be anxious to see the finished item ... love the fabrics.

Happy Valentine's ~
Have a beautiful day ~
TTFN ~
Hugs, Marydon

Val said...

Love your fabric colors. Enjoy your time off.

Unknown said...

oh la la, I can't wait to see the tree skirt..I need to work on my brown bag project too...

Rae Ann said...

Pat ~ I always love to see what you are working on. What a great thing... to start a tree skirt now. I can't wait to see your jacket that you are making for the Brown Bag Challenge. I have yet to start mine. Just a note... the contest has been extended to April 1st... no fooling!

Sandy said...

Pretty fabrics for a tree skirt. Great to get that done way ahead of time! I plan on doing Christmas sewing all year...hope that works out as planned for me! ;o)

Sandi Linn Andersen said...

These are really pretty fabrics and will make a lovely tree skirt. I got out a bunch of "fancies" from my crazy quilting stash that are all reds, greens, and Christmasy pieces and am going to start a crazy quilted tree skirt. I figure I might finish it in, oh, a dozen years or so. LOL!

Myra said...

Always looking forward to the start of a new project by others Pat... enjoy! 8-)