Tuesday, March 9, 2010

ROYAL mail for me!!!


From time to time some of you have gotten "royal mail" and the other day I got some at my house.......SEE!!!!! I got the adorable paper-pieced geisha you see below sent to me by JAN. I love it! She also included some pieces of the fabrics she'd used in it and some of them have the Japanese symbols on the back that makes those fabrics be so prized by some fabric collectors. Me??? I will cut them up and make borders of them and probably turn this little cutie into a pillow of some sort!!! And Jan also included one of her homemade postcards......SO pretty.......which I always love to see on her blog, and now I have one of my very own. THANKS, Jan!Did you notice the yellow crocuses above in my blog header? There is the tiniest patch of them at the foot of the steps near our back door and they really lifted my spirits when I saw them on the weekend. Temperatures have been a bit milder and I hope we will not go back to anymore bitter cold AND that we have a nice spring. A few years now, we have gone from winter right into HOT weather with no nice, spring weather in between.

25 comments:

Barb said...

What a cute pillow that will make, how nice of Jan....

Tangos Treasures said...

You lucky duck!!! How nice of her to send you such lovely gifts!!
The crocus are beautiful!!

Jackie's Stitches said...

The Geisha is cute. I love the touch of red! The fabrics are beautiful.

You described a typical Florida spring: Short. We'll probably have a couple of days of open windows and then to 24/7 A/C.

Betsy said...

Great Geisha and fabrics. Jackie is so right. Our longest seasons are summer and winter. Spring rarely hangs around

Kaye said...

the postcard is soooo cute and the material is beautiful, I know you will put it to good use. Love the GheishA

Terry said...

Love the geisha! My crocus are still buried under snow here!

Gene Black said...

Ah, Royal Mail!

the geisha and the fabrics are just lovely. I started counting the pieces in the geisha block- I saw quickly that I didn't want to do that one. ha ha.

Unknown said...

gee, I didn't even notice those crocus. Shame on me. Don't you just love that Jan? She's super sweet. Her and E are buddies. Love that block, can't wait to see it finished. Also, I hear we're in for two more "big" snows. oops, did I say that? HUGS

Joanne Lendaro said...

I did notice the crocuses!! I am so ready for spring! The little girl paperpiecing is cool!! And blue is my color, so I'm lovin' the new "Royal" mail package you got! Lucky you!!

Rhonda said...

What pretty blues....I don't buy blue as a rule....not really know why....the little Geisha is cute. You are a lucky girl...take care.

luv2quilt2 said...

I noticed the crocuses as soon as I opened your page. I'm so ready for spring! I planted crocuses seveal years ago, got to enjoy then once, then the deer got them. The main thing I plant now is daffodils - nothing bothers them.

Jocelyn said...

What a very cute pillow that will make. Love the colors. I think we are ALL really ready for Spring :-)

Needled Mom said...

Beautiful! Jan has a beautiful blog too! I love her projects.

Crispy said...

Oooo such a wonderful package!! I think crocus' are my favorite spring flowers.

Crispy

Danielle said...

I love the crocus picture. Hopefully it'll be full on Spring soon, we need it. The little geisha is adorable!

The Other Barb said...

ohh I LOVE the paper-pieced geisha!What a nice surprise in your mailbox :)

Nanette Merrill said...

OH wow. That Geisha is wonderful. What a great gift!

Sandi Linn Andersen said...

That block will make a really cute pillow!!! And what a pretty postcard. It would be lovely framed. :-) I still can't believe those flowers are right outside your door. What a gift! I love the first bits of spring that pop up and wish they were by my back door!

quiltingnana said...

love your springy-ness picture...and your mail brought great stuff!

jan said...

Hi Pat, so pleased it all arrived safe for you. You are most welcome. I am glad too that you are going to cut up and use the fabric, always the best decision. hee hee.
Look forward to seeing the end result, and thanks for helping me lower my UFO's. ;-)
Jan

Rachel said...

Love the little geisha! How cute!

Crocuses... lucky you. Everything is so brown here, at least what's peeking out from under all that snow! We're supposed to get more snow. ugh.

Rachel said...

Love the little geisha! How cute!

Crocuses... lucky you. Everything is so brown here, at least what's peeking out from under all that snow! We're supposed to get more snow. ugh.

Anonymous said...

that's a very sweet gift! Love that Geshia block...too cute! You are one lucky lady to get royal mail...

ooglebloops said...

Very nice royal mail!!! I have that same pattern - I am ashamed to say how long I've had it and never made anything with it!!! I am curious about the fabric - kimono fabric? And more about the writing on the back?

Sara said...

Very nice package in the mail...