
Yesterday the pattern for the second block in the Jelly Roll quilt-along was posted. This is a picture of the one I made once the pattern was posted. You might recall in my first block, I was wondering about the burgundy fabric, so I incorporated some of it in this block, too.The designer for this block was April Mazzoleni. (If you want further info, click on the jelly roll on my sidebar.) I posted my first block two weeks ago here....but will post it again (below) in case some of you didn't see it the first time. These are easy blocks and fun....and I love getting to use my jelly roll. This jelly roll is the Fig & Plum fabric line by Moda. Now to find a fabric that will be good for the sashing and borders...got one but don't like it with these fabrics now that I see two blocks completed. Oh, well...another excuse to get fabric. Sad, huh?? LOL
The first block in the jelly-roll quilt-along.....I think they will blend together better once we get more blocks done since I am using fabrics all from the same jelly roll except for the grayish fabric for my "background" fabric.
26 comments:
I reallly like the Jelly Roll that you picked for this project. I agree the red is a little "out there" for the pinks....will be interesting to see how they all come together! Love seeing everyone's blocks, thanks for sharing
I am a block behind...but watch out! I am off work today! Your blocks are very pretty, I think they will be wonderful together.
looks good, I like these blocks. I got two honey buns yesterday and a turnover from green fairy i need to find something for those. for now, i'll just add it to the stash
They look pretty!
I am hoping that the blocks all look good together. Mine look great separately so far. I discovered that making one block a a night keeps me very precise. Ha ha.
Another beautiful block Pat, it's a real shame you will have to go fabric shopping though LOL.
Crispy
great blocks Pat
I think that if a few more block have the burgandy they will all look great together. Boy you are fast. I would have done mine ytesterday but was distracted. We go at 11:30 to Dr. Peet
Such a simple pattern for such a beautiful result. I think this quilt is going to look great
These are so pretty! I have a Jelly Roll that I need to look for, this looks fun and easy.
Love the blocks so far. I'm not participating in this, so it is fun to see all the different blocks out there...
I think the dark burgundys are the finishing touch on these blocks!
I like it! In color so different from the first one.
I really like your new block! I'm sure they will all look great together in the end. But if you have to go shopping, you have to go shopping.
it looks good and I like the contrast of the burgundy....good idea to put it in the second block too....it is going to be pretty!
Wow!!! You are fast. It looks great.
I think this is going to be really pretty when it's finished. The burgundy will give it pop and looks to me like it will have a "Victorian" look to it.
Very pretty, and they are perfect Spring colors. It very cool to see these all over blogland, and in the different colors~love yours.
It's looking great Pat! I have to get to my second block soon.
Wow Pat....that's a great looking block. I love the burgungy.
Those blocks are really pretty. I love the fabrics.
Looks good...I'm not participating but sure am enjoying visiting those who are.
I need to get busy and do mine....I am so behind on my blogging and now my jelly roll quilt along. Oh boy....
Pat, I love the fabrics that you are using! So pretty...
SheilaC
I'm excited to get to the next block. This is going to be fun. I'm glad we are both doing this.
thanks for the Easter fun!
Vicki
Post a Comment