
I am back from the AQS show in Lancaster, PA, and had a super-wonderful time. I will tell bits and pieces about the trip over the next few posts.....and will post some photos, too. I will just put one photo here today. Many of you will recognize this is Eleanor Burns (the Quilt in a Day maven). I attended her lecture and she was beyond funny. As she, herself, said afterwards when we spoke to her in the lobby, she is "out of control"......but in a good way, in the opinion of all of us who attended her lecture. (I am sure some in the audience were wishing they were wearing Depends during her talk as we laughed so hard our sides ached and tears were practically running down our cheeks!) This photo shows her a half hour before the lecture began....spending her brief dinner break (between lectures) talking to us and taking audience questions. If you ever get the chance to hear her speak, DO IT. You will not be disappointed. As for other "business", I may never catch up on your blogs after not having internet access for 3 days........so I'm sorry about that.....LOL And....if you have not yet taken part in the "Good Eggs Bunny Hop", please go back and read my March 24 post. This fun event ends tomorrow.
18 comments:
Oh I bet she was good!! I have alway's loved her show & tee hee her throwing the fabric over her shoulder!
So glad you had a good time!!
Welcome Back! Sounds like you had a fantastic time at the show. I can't wait to see all of your pictures and read all about your trip! Did you help the economy out much while you were there?
Oh what fun! How generous of her to spend more time with all of you. Can't wait to hear more about your trip ... and see the pictures too!
Wow, it looks like you have a great time. Yes I recognized Ms Burns before I even read the first word. I will remember and if I get the chance will go to hear her.
Oooo lucky you!! I would love to hear one of her lectures some day!!
Crispy
Glad that you and Kathy had a good time. Can't wait to hear what you learned from her
Welcome back home...let see the goods!!
Sounds like you had a great time on your trip. I would love to hear Eleanor Burns someday.
Sounds like you had a great time. Would love to see more photos soon. Eleanor Burns - a quilter with a great sense of humour. Lucky you!
Sounds like such fun! I would love to hear her speak someday, too. Can't wait to see more pics and hear more about it!
Sounds like you had a wonderful time.....
Welcome back. Can't wait to hear more about your adventures.
As for me, I haven't been a very good blogger the past few days, either. I'm too busy staying up all night and then trying to recover the next day. Good thing we're now on March break!
Sounds like you had a very fun time. Eleanor Burns is always so entertaining.
Eleanor is great. I sat in on a lecture a few years back......don't worry about catching up....Eleanor trumps blogging any day....LOL
I love Eleanor Burns. She is so funny and warm too. I had the privilage of dancing on the same dance floor with Eleanor and Orion....what a hoot. A wonderful memory.
Quilt In A Day sent some wonderful things to be given away in the 30 Days of Giveaways on my blog. Oh....those will be fun to post.
So glad you had fun Pat.
Smiles,
Kelly
Happy you are back Pat... you've been missed! I bet you had the best time ever with Eleanor Burns. Lucky you! I would have loved to have been there too.
Can't wait to hear more!
It sure looks like you had a lot of fun. Wonderful! Thanks for sharing your photos of such a fun experience.
Eleanor would be a hoot to have a listen to! Most excellent! 8-)
Our group always jests about bringing Depends to our retreats, cause we all get sooooo our of hand with our fun!!! 8-)
Post a Comment